Join us at the Patch!
Patch opens 10/18
10am - 8pm
Who is ready to paint the corner of Lockwood and Berry ORANGE? I know I am! It has been a tough year, but we are excited to bring an abbreviated Pumpkin Patch back to our little section of the world. After much discussion, prayer, and deliberation, the Pumpkin Patch team has developed a plan to bring safe socially distant orange colored joy to our community. Here are the details:
Unloading Day will be Saturday, October 17, 2020. Pumpkins will be delivered in boxes this year and unloaded from the truck by a forklift. We need WHUMC families to sign up for 1.5 hour shifts to unload the boxes. Specific boxes will be assigned to each family/volunteer group to be unloaded into specific areas of the Patch. We will have a limited number of volunteers in the Patch at any given time. Masks will be required for all volunteers. Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/yyrtXnV
The Patch will be open from 10am-8pm from Sunday, October 18, 2020 through Saturday, October 31, 2020.
Sign up here to work a shift (or three): https://signup.com/go/gzzoSsW
Or call/text Lauren Harris at 205-657-2439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following safety precautions will be taken:
· One Way Aisles and Social Distance Signs posted throughout the Patch;
· Mask Requirement posted throughout the Patch for those over 5 years old. Extra masks and gloves will be available at the checkout area;
· Hand Sanitizer stations throughout the Patch;
· Wagons will be wiped down after each use by volunteers;
· No Kid Games (tic tac toe, checkers, bean bag toss, bounce house);
· Touchless payment options only (no cash);
· Shield divider for checkout;
· Volunteers will be asked to contact the PP team if they have had known exposure within 14 days or symptoms and will be prohibited from working.
While this year will look different, we are so excited to engage our community in this time-honored tradition. The Pumpkin Patch always feels like the perfect way to welcome Fall, usher in our thankful feelings with family and friends and prepare for the season of Advent. Stay tuned for more information regarding a socially distant Movie Night and Costume Contest and an online Pumpkin Decorating Contest.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns to Lauren Harris at 205-657-2439 or email email@example.com.
Thank you all for your continued support of this great community project.